Matching Grant – Winners
EdRf (IL), in partnership with the JFN, launched, in March 2018, a one million dollar matching grant initiative, to help build the ecosystem of impact entrepreneurship in Israel, and generate greater ongoing philanthropic commitment to the field
Ideation, incubation and acceleration
- ALYNovation (ALYN Hospital) – catalyzing the emerging assistive technology (AT) field in Israel, creating a transformative Israeli-based ecosystem that will substantially improve the lives of children with disabilities in Israel, and all over the world, while also serving as an effective revenue stream for ALYN Hospital.
- Assistive Tech Incubator (Beit Issie Shapiro) – providing people with disabilities, in Israel and around the world, access to technological solutions for communication, education, leisure, social mobility and participation. Connecting and adapting existing tech. and developing new apps and tools for therapists and end-users, maximizing profit and social benefit.
- MAX – an educational-entrepreneurship-impact program, for high schools, based on ‘Project-Based-Learning’ methodology via multidisciplinary teamwork with students, who have the ability and resources to create and initiate ‘social-tech’ projects addressing real needs, in scale.
- NITSAN (Boris Mints institute, TAU) – filling a crucial gap in the Israeli agri-tech impact innovation ecosystem: bridging between entrepreneurs and the ground realities of smallholder farmers in developing countries. NITSAN helps companies test and adapt their solutions, in the field, and develop business models that can overcome socio-economic barriers to market.
- Humanitarian Tech Pilots – a pilot fund to field test and deploy commercializable Israeli technological innovation pinpointing critical gaps in humanitarian settings. The Pears Program for Global Innovation and IsraAID, will select innovations relevant to needs identified by beneficiary communities, support start-ups through the pilot design process, and field test with IsraAID’s post-emergency and long-term development missions.
Research and development – tools
- Social Urban Regeneration (Israel Affordable Housing Center, TAU) – recognized as an urgent, national priority, urban regeneration projects that meet the needs of all Israelis are limited. This market failure can be fixed, by developing and promoting an impact due diligence tool for investors – to kickstart capital flows, fostering greater support for social entrepreneurship in urban regeneration.
- Pay for Success 2.0 (SFI and JOINT) – developing the next generation of Social Impact Bonds: the Pay-for-Success 2.0 model, where non-governmental entities serve as outcome payers. The model may double the number of SIBs being launched annually in Israel, increasing the amount of capital allocated to tackling social challenges in Israel.
- Start Up Nation Finder – serving as a gateway to the Israeli innovation ecosystem, Finder enables global corporations, investors, NGOs and governments to connect with the local tech industry. The Finder, Impact Nation Ranking Project, will map and tag Social Tech companies and technologies, facilitating their identification and easing the ability to engage with them.
Creating and scaling models
- "Friendly City“(2B Group) – aims to improve city life by integrating social and environmental practices into independent local businesses. In addition to screening their current conduct, the project involves giving businesses concrete methods to implement social and environmental improvements.
- Impact investment models (Erez Ir) – pioneering a new method for creating social urban renewal – replicable economic and social models that encourage impact investors, municipalities, and other bodies to work together to improve Israel’s urban periphery.
- Food for employment (Dualis) – a large-scale replication program: investing in a social business platform, designed to mainstream the social business sector by transitioning existing restaurants into social businesses. Creating an innovative model for social change using business tools and promoting the growth of the impact investing ecosystem.