We believe that every one of us has the right to learn, fulfill our potential, and make an impact
About the program
While Israel is known as “the Start-Up Nation,” only a fraction of the local population directly benefits or is a part of the innovation ecosystem. Starting Up Together, launched in 2018 and operating in cooperation with the Peres Center for Peace and Innovation, Mass Challenge Israel, and Tel Aviv University’s TAU Ventures, was established to enable the representation of the entire Israeli population in the high-tech industry in general and in entrepreneurship in particular.
The program provides access to tools and methodologies for building start-ups and creating joint teams to early-career entrepreneurs with considerable potential, both Jewish and Arab. The current program cycle (2019) focuses on the creation of smart infrastructures, with the aim of transforming peripheral towns into innovative, technological, and business centers.
- To provide access to Israel’s entrepreneurial ecosystem to underserved populations.
- To create impact projects across the country.
- To build a diverse entrepreneurial ecosystem that represents the entire spectrum of Israeli society.
Mode of operation
The program consists of two parts:
- Creating entrepreneurship teams: Team-building activities and lectures to provide familiarity with the world of entrepreneurship while studying together a chosen topic (smart infrastructure in the periphery).
- Pre-incubation: Working in teams for the intensive development of programs in the framework of boot-camps and professional workshops in areas such as building a business model, design thinking, and market research.
In the numbers
taken part in the
program since it
recruited for the
program in 2018
are from the